Looking for an exciting short track event in the Midwest to check out this weekend? Check out these 10 events near you to catch the best the Midwest stock car ranks have to offer.
1. It’s not over the weekend, but the Slinger Nationals is on Tuesday, July 14th at Slinger Super Speedway. Regarded as one of the most prestigious races in the Midwest, guys like Johnny Sauter, Travis Sauter, Ross Kenseth, Dennis Prunty and Steve Apel all look for their first Slinger Nationals win and a payday of $10,000.
2. Friday marks round two if the Super Late Model Triple Crown at Madison International Speedway in Wisconsin. Ty Majeski was the Triple Crown round one winner back on June 5th.
3. It’s the Mid-Season Championship at Dells Raceway Park this Saturday. Only five points currently separate Late Model point leader Steve Dobbratz and second place Rich Schumann Jr. at the Wisconsin bullring.
4. Jacob Goede looks to continue his Super Late Model dominance at Elko Speedway this Saturday night. He’s won six features in nine races at the ¼ mile track in Elko, MN.
5. The points are tight in the Late Model division at Grundy County Speedway in Illinois. Eddie Hoffman leads Larry Schuler by a mere four points as they hit the track again this Friday for Kid’s and Scouts night.
6. Marshfield Speedway hosts its inaugural Jim Back Memorial Race with a special 61-lap feature event for the Central Wisconsin Racing Association (CWRA) this Friday night. Back was a long-time Midwest racer who performed at a high level, won countless events and was respected by many.
7. Nearly 20 drivers are entered for race number four of six of the ARCA Royal Truck and Trailer Gold Cup Series race on Friday night at Toledo Speedway in Ohio, including defending Glass City 200 winner JR Roahrig.
8. The Mid-American Stock Car Series and Midwest Truck Tour are on tap this Saturday at State Park Speedway in Wausau, WI. While Super Late Models get the night off, these two touring series bring plenty of exciting side-by-side racing action.
9. The Mid-Season Championship is also the theme of the night at Wisconsin’s Jefferson Speedway with extended features in all divisions. Casey Johnson grabbed his second win of the year last week and looks to extend his point lead this Saturday.
10. It wouldn’t be Slinger Nationals weekend with the Prelude to the Nationals Sunday night at Slinger Super Speedway. Drivers looking to get in one last race at the world’s fastest ¼ mile get their chance Sunday night.
– By Jana Wimmer, Speed51.com Business Manager – Twitter: @JWimm22 –
– Photo credit: Speed51.com