From Dirt Late Models to Super Late Models to Modifieds and beyond this weekend has some big short track events. Compiling a list of just 10 events is hard work, but we do it for you so you the race fan know exactly where you should go for some of the biggest and coolest events in Short Track Racing this weekend. So take a look in this weekend’s 10 to Attend.
1. Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, Eldora Speedway (OH) – Three night’s of action are on tap for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at Rossburg, Ohio’s Eldora Speedway. It’s “The Dream” weekend with $100,000, and it all starts Thursday night.
2. ARCA/CRA Super Series, Berlin Raceway (MI) – Some of the best Super Late Model drivers in the country will head to Marne, Michigan for Monday night’s running of the Battle at Berlin 251. Last year Erik Jones won at his home track and that kickstarted him to winning the $100,000 Triple Crown bonus money.
3. RoC Modified Tour, Lake Erie Speedway (PA) – The stars of the Race of Champions will be headed back to Lake Erie Speedway on Saturday for the first time since 2005. The ground-pounders will go 75 laps at the ultra-modern facility.
4. ARCA Midwest Tour, Rockford Speedway (IL) – The Super Late Models of the ARCA Midwest Tour are headed to the high-banked quarter-mile bullring of Rockford Speedway in Illinois on Saturday for the Kar Korner 100. The event will now also feature a $1,000-to-win best-of-three match race between Ty Majeski and Jon Reynolds Jr.
5. CARS Tour, Tri-County Speedway (NC) – The Super Late Model and Late Model Stock Car stars of the CARS Tour will pay a visit to North Carolina’s Tri-County Speedway on Saturday night for the Do the Dew 200. Deac McCaskill (LMSC) and Raphael Lessard (SLM) lead the points standings entering Saturday’s action.
6. Tri-Track Open Modified Series, Monadnock Speedway (NH) – The second Tri-Track Open Modified Series event of 2016 will take place on Saturday night on the quarter-mile bullring of Monadnock Speedway in New Hampshire.
7. Show Me The Money Series, Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) – The Pro Late Models will go 50 laps on Saturday night in the capital of Alabama in the fourth round of the Show Me The Money Series.
8. Idaho 200 Tune-up, Stateline Speedway (ID) – Super Late Models will take to Idaho’s Stateline Speedway to get ready for the upcoming Idaho 200.
9. Stan Perry Memorial, Angola Motorsport Speedway (IN) – Outlaw Super Late Models will roar around Angola Motorsport Speedway on Saturday night in the 110-lap Stan Perry Memorial.
10. Pro All-Stars Series, White Mountain Motorsports Park (NH) – The Super Late Models of the PASS North Series will visit the high-banked quarter-mile oval in the heart of the White Mountains of New Hampshire on Saturday night.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Southeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com Photo