Another weekend of short track racing is upon us. From the Iowa cornfields to the shores of Nova Scotia, it is sure to be an action-packed weekend of racing.
We've narrowed down the list to 10 of the best short track racing events you should attend this weekend.
1) Knoxville Nationals at Knoxville Raceway (IA) – It's the biggest and most prestigious race of the year for Sprint Car racers and fans. "The Granddaddy of Them All" kicked off Wednesday, with three nights of preliminary action leading into Saturday's $150,000-to-win A-Main feature. Donny Schatz is "The King" of Knoxville, but a stout field of racers including NASCAR Cup Series driver Kyle Larson will be looking to knock him off his throne.
2) North/South 100 at Florence Speedway (KY) – Many of the nation's top Dirt Late Model racers have made their way to Florence Speedway for one of the biggest weekends held at the track. The North/South 100 featuring the stars and cars from the Lucas Oil Late Model Series kicked of Wednesday with preliminary action. Action will continue Thursday and Friday, leading into Saturday's $50,000-to-win main event.
3) Toromont CAT 250 at Scotia Speedworld (NS) – Fans in the Canadian Maritimes will enjoy one of their biggest races of the year, the CAT 250 at Scotia Speedworld this Saturday in Nova Scotia. With a posted purse of over $60,000, the action is sure to be intense as the stars of the Pro Stock Tour battle for 250 laps around the 3/10-mile oval.
4) Wings & Wheels at New London-Waterford Speedbowl (CT) – Do you like wings? Do you like wheels? If you do, the New London-Waterford Speedbowl will be the place to be on Saturday night. Wings & Wheels featuring the ISMA Supermodifieds, NEMA Midgets and Valenti Modified Racing Series is always a can't-miss event.
5) PASS South at South Boston Speedway (VA) – The Roads to Oxford and Richmond come to an end this Saturday night at South Boston Speedway. Saturday's PASS South event at the Virginia track will be the final chance for racers to earn guaranteed starting spots for the 45th Annual Oxford 250 and inaugural Commonwealth Classic. Big names such as Brandon Setzer, Bubba Pollard and Matt Craig are expected to be in attendance.
6) JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour at Berlin Raceway (MI) – Saturday's event at Berlin Raceway will be the final regular season race before the "Chase" for the 2018 JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour championship begins. All eyes will be on Money in the Bank 150 winner Brian Campbell who has been red hot thus far in 2018. He'll be challenged by the likes of Johnny VanDoorn, Carson Hocevar and defending series champion Jack Dossey III.
7) PASS North at Speedway 51 (NH) – The fastest full-bodied cars in New England will invade Speedway 51 in Groveton, New Hampshire on Saturday night for the Summer Sizzler 150. This will be the first time the Pro All Stars Series (PASS) Super Late Models have visited the track since 2010.
8) Granite State Pro Stock Series at Monadnock Speedway (NH) – The JBH 100, one of the most meaningful races on the Granite State Pro Stock Series schedule, will be held Saturday night at Monadnock Speedway. The event will honor John Hoyt (JBH), a driving force behind the GSPSS and its founder Mike Parks. With current points leader Cory Casagrande scheduled to miss the race, the door will be open for a new driver to take command of the championship battle.
9) Carolina Clash at Cherokee Speedway (SC) – The always-entertaining Carolina Clash Late Models will visit the red clay at Cherokee Speedway for the Stick Elliott Memorial. Ross Bailes leads the championship standings as the series heads to Cherokee.
10) Motor Mountain Masters at Jennerstown Speedway (PA) – Late Model racers will be competing for their share of a $53,000 purse during the inaugural Motor Mountain Masters at Jennerstown Speedway this Saturday. The 150-lap race is expected to draw competitors from New York, Pennsylvania and beyond.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor
-Photo credit: Speed51.com / Rick Ibsen