Another weekend of short track racing is upon us. From the White Mountains of New Hampshire to the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Washington, it is sure to be an action-packed weekend of racing.
We’ve narrowed down the list to 10 of the best short track racing events you should attend this weekend.
1) SBM 125 at Star Speedway (NH) – With big money on the line, the Tri-Track Open Modified Series will visit the Star Speedway bullring Saturday night for the SBM 125. This race has a reputation for being one of the most exciting races of the New England racing season, and we doubt that reputation will fade this time around.
2) Detjens Memorial Weekend at State Park Speedway (WI) – State Park Speedway will honor a Wisconsin racing legend with two nights of racing during the Larry Detjens Memorial Weekend. The action begins Friday night with the Big 8 Late Model Series and ends Saturday with a 100-lap Super Late Model feature.
3) Prairie Dirt Classic at Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL) – A cool $30,000 will be on the line this weekend for the World of Outlaws Late Model Series. The 29th Annual Prairie Dirt Classic begins Friday night with four 25-lap showdown features paying $2,500 to win. Then, on Saturday night, some of the best Dirt Late Model racers in the country will get up on the wheel to battle 100 laps for the $30,000 top prize.
4) PASS North at Oxford Plains Speedway (ME) – The stars and cars of the Pro All Stars Series (PASS) will visit Oxford Plains Speedway Sunday afternoon for the final long-distance race prior to the 45th Annual Oxford 250. The 150-lap race will also serve as the final chance for New Englanders to earn qualifying spots for the Oxford 250 and Commonwealth Classic at Richmond (VA).
5) Short Track Super Series at BAPS Motor Speedway (PA) – Dirt Modified racers from the Short Track Super Series South Region will make their way to York Haven, Pennsylvania on Sunday for the York County Nationals. A hefty $10,000 check awaits the winner of the race.
6) Northwest Super Late Model Series at Evergreen Speedway (WA) – The Northwest Super Late Model Series will travel to Evergreen, Washington Saturday for a special NASCAR Northwest Tour Throwback event. While many current stars and champions will be in action, 10 of the 12 former NASCAR Northwest champions will be in attendance for this special event.
7) ARCA/CRA Super Series at Baer Field Motorsports Park (IN) – Drivers hoping to clinch a spot in the ARCA/CRA Super Series “Chase” will have one final attempt to do so on Saturday at Baer Field Motorsports Park. The Summit City 100 will serve as the final race of the regular season before the playoffs begin at Kalamazoo Speedway on August 8.
8) FUEL Late Models at Cherokee Speedway (SC) – The FUEL Late Models return to Cherokee Speedway Saturday evening for their seventh event of the 2018 season. This will be the second stop of the year for the FUEL Late Models at Cherokee and the seventh series event at the track since 2014.
9) Granite State Pro Stock Series at White Mountain Motorsports Park (NH) – The White Mountains of New Hampshire will be singing the sweet song of Pro Stock engines Saturday night when the Granite State Pro Stock Series visits the tight, quarter-mile bullring in North Woodstock.
10) Hy-Miler at Sandusky Speedway (OH) – One of the most highly-anticipated Supermodified races of the season will take place this weekend at Sandusky Speedway. The super-fast ISMA Supermodifieds will race 40 laps on Friday night before the 100-lap main event on Saturday.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor
-Photo credit: Speed51.com