Following a great display of mid-week short track racing events this week, it's time to look forward to what's on the docket for this weekend at short tracks across North America. Here are 10 short track racing events you should attend this weekend.
1) Grizzly Nationals at Gallatin Speedway (MT) – In Vermont, you kiss the cow if you win the Milk Bowl. In Alabama, you have a rattlesnake draped around your neck if you win the Rattler 250. In Montana, you stand shoulder to shoulder with a 1,000 pound grizzly bear named Adam if you win the Grizzly Nationals at Gallatin Speedway. Headlined by the Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series (ASCS), the event has become a can't-miss event in just its third year.
2) NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Riverhead Raceway (NY) – The ground-pounding Modifieds from the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will make their first stop of the season on Long Island this Saturday night. The Buzz Chew Auto Group 200 will see the touring stars square off against some of Riverhead's weekly warriors on the quarter-mile bullring.
3) Rusty Harpe Memorial at Caraway Speedway (NC) – Race fans can visit Caraway Speedway on Saturday night and watch a wide variety of race cars. The Rusty Harpe Memorial will feature 71-lap races for the Southern Modified Racing Series, Super Late Models, Late Model Stock Cars and 602 Super Limiteds. 602 Modifieds, U-CARS and Allison Legacy cars will also be in action.
4) Gulf Coast Pro Late Model Doubleheader – Looking to enjoy a weekend full of racing on the Gulf Coast? Well, you're in luck. Pro Late Model stars and cars will be in action beginning Friday night at Five Flags Speedway (FL) before heading over to Mobile Int'l Speedway (AL) on Saturday.
5) Granite State Pro Stock Series at Lee USA Speedway (NH) – The Seacoast 100 at Lee USA Speedway is expected to draw one of the strongest Granite State Pro Stock Series fields of the season. Nearly 30 Pro Stocks are entered for the race, with more expected to enter on race day.
6) TUNDRA Super Late Models at State Park Speedway (WI) – If you're hoping to watch great Super Late Model racing in the Midwest, look no further than State Park Speedway on Saturday night. The popular TUNDRA Super Late Models will roll into Wausau, Wisconsin for their first and only visit of the 2018 season.
7) PASS North at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway (ME) – The Pro All Stars Series (PASS) North Super Late Models will wrap up a busy stretch when they visit Beech Ridge Motor Speedway on Saturday night. While the championship battle is heating up between DJ Shaw, Derek Griffith and Travis Benjamin, the question many people will be asking is: can anyone beat Curtis Gerry?
8) Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at Cherokee Speedway (SC) – Dirt Late Model stars including Scott Bloomquist, Jonathan Davenport, Josh Richards and Bobby Pierce will invade the state of South Carolina on Saturday night when they visit the red clay at Cherokee Speedway.
9) Solid Rock Carriers 150 at Carteret County Speedway (NC) – The richest Limited Late Model race in the world will be held Saturday night at Carteret County Speedway. With $15,000 on the line, a stout field of Limited Late Models are expected to come out for the inaugural Solid Rock Carriers 150.
10) Liberty Bell 200 at Houston Motorsports Park (TX) – Houston Motorsports Park will rumble back to life Saturday night when the Modifieds of Mayhem headline the second running of the Liberty Bell 200. A total of eight divisions will be in action throughout the night.
BONUS RACE: Slinger Nationals at Slinger Superspeedway (WI) - This event isn't technically on the weekend, but it's one of the biggest Super Late Model races in the Midwest and it's happening next Tuesday night. A stout field of cars including defending winner Bubba Pollard will be chasing the $10,000 top prize.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor
-Photo credit: Speed51.com