With racing events being held all over the country this weekend, we’ve assembled a list of the top 10 short track racing events that race fans should attend throughout the country.
1) The Dream at Eldora Speedway (OH) – One Dirt Late Model driver will wake up from a dream Saturday night at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH. The Dream, one of Dirt Late Model racing's crown jewel events, will pay a whopping $100,000 to the winner. With such a big payday on the line, you can expect a stout field and thrilling racing.
2) Money in the Bank 150 at Berlin Raceway (MI) – Over 40 Super Late Model drivers are expected to make their way to Berlin Raceway on Monday night for the second running of the Money in the Bank 150. The one-day show will end with one driver collecting a $20,000 check.
3) Masters of the Pros 200 at Birch Run Speedway (MI) – It's a big week for racing in the state of Michigan. It will all kick off on Friday night with the richest Pro Late Model race of the year, the Masters of the Pros 200 at Birch Run. $10,000 will be up for grabs, with drivers from all over the United States battling for the top prize.
4) SSS / CARS Tour Border War at Anderson Motor Speedway (SC) – Drivers from the Southern Super Series and CARS Tour will square off against each other in a combination event Saturday night at Anderson. The driver who comes out on top will take home a $10,000 check.
5) Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Series at Lake Erie Speedway (PA) – It's the second race of the year for the RoC Asphalt Modified Series, and it will be held at the track that will host the biggest race of the year for the series. Lake Erie Speedway will play host to a regular points-counting event on Saturday night before welcoming the series back later this year for the prestigious Race of Champions 250.
6) SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series at Irwindale Speedway (CA) – The popular West Coast Super Late Model Series will fasten their belts for the fourth event of the 2018 season, and their first race of the season at Irwindale. Jeremy Doss enters the event with momentum after winning two of the first three races.
7) TUNDRA Super Late Models at Marshfield Motor Speedway (WI) – Super Late Model drivers from throughout the state of Wisconsin and beyond will converge at Marshfield on Saturday for the Bev Aschenbrenner Memorial. The race will be TUNDRA's first stop at Marshfield since 2014.
8) CARS Tour Late Model Stock Cars at Ace Speedway (NC) – The CARS Tour Late Model Stock Car stars will be in the spotlight Saturday night for a standalone event at Ace Speedway. A tight race at the top of the point standings between Bobby McCarty and Lee Pulliam will resume following Pulliam's victory at Bristol.
9) All Star Circuit of Champions at Weedsport Speedway (NY) – Tony Stewart's All Star Sprints will make a visit to New York's Weedsport Speedway, and "Smoke" himself will be behind the wheel of a Sprint Car.
10) Open Modified 80 at Stafford Motor Speedway (NY) – Stafford will host the track's first "Open" Modified show for Tour-type Modifieds on Friday night. A strong field is expected including NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour drivers Chase Dowling, Woody Pitkat and Rowan Pennink. Defending track champion Keith Rocco will also be looking to defend his home turf.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor
-Photo credit: Eldora PR