With racing events being held all over the country this weekend, we’ve assembled a list of the top 10 short track racing events that race fans should attend throughout the country.
1) Indiana Midget Week (IN) – Okay, so this is a grouping of events, but still. If you love dirt racing, Indiana Midget Week is one of the best weeks of the year. While it kicked off earlier in the week, racing is still taking place beginning tonight at Lincoln Park, followed by Bloomington, Lawrenceburg and Kokomo.
2) NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Seekonk Speedway (MA) – The mighty Modifieds of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour end their hiatus with racing at The ‘Konk, The Cement Palace, the last track in Massachusetts. Whatever you want to call it, it’s sure to be exciting on Saturday night.
3) Short Track Super Series at Big Diamond Speedway (PA) – The Anthracite Assault at Big Diamond Speedway for the Short Track Super Series is always a must-see racing event if you’re a fan of Big Block Dirt Modifieds. If you can’t make it to the track on Tuesday night, we’ve got you covered with a live stream of the action on Speed51.com.
4) ARCA/CRA Super Series at Kil-Kare (OH) – The ARCA/CRA Super Series is back in action for the first time since racing at Bristol Motor Speedway, a fast, high-banked oval. Now, the series heads to Kil-Kare, an odd, challenging, flat track that is sure to test the competitors.
5) PASS North at Petty International Raceway (NS) – The Super Late Models of the north are heading north of the border to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia to take on the Petty International Raceway. This race will serve as a “qualifier” for the Oxford 250 and inaugural Commonwealth Classic at Richmond Raceway later this year.
6) Carolina Clash/ULTIMATE Supers Combo at Carolina Speedway (NC) – This event was originally scheduled to be held a couple of weeks ago, but we suspect it will be worth the wait. The Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series and ULTIMATE Super Late Models will join forces at Gastonia, North Carolina’s Carolina Speedway on Friday night.
7) APC United LM Series at Flamboro Speedway (ON) – North of the border the APC United Late Model Series heads to Flamoro Speedway in Ontario on Saturday for 100 laps of action.
8) ACT Late Models at Speedway 51 (NH) – The American-Canadian Tour always puts on a show, as does any event at Speedway 51. This event on Saturday should be a thriller.
9) ARCA Racing Series at Pocono Raceway (PA) – Okay, Pocono Raceway isn’t a short track, but ARCA races primarily on short tracks and the division always puts on a good show at the “Tricky Triangle.” Be sure to check it out on Saturday.
10) Northwest Super Late Model Series at South Sound Speedway (WA) – The Northwest Super Late Model Series heads to Washington State’s South Sound Speedway for 125 laps of action.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Associate Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com