With racing events being held all over the country this weekend, we’ve assembled a list of the top 10 short track racing events that race fans should attend throughout the country.
1) Show Me 100 at Lucas Oil Speedway (MO) – The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series invades the beautiful Lucas Oil Speedway on Saturday for one of the biggest races of the year, the Show Me 100. Many of the top Dirt Late Model stars will be in attendance battling for the $30,000 prize in the first crown jewel race of the season.
2) PASS North 150 & Memorial Day Classic 100 at Thunder Road (VT) – Barre, VT will be the place to be on Sunday with 250 laps of asphalt Late Model racing on tap. The PASS North Super Late Models will go 150 laps before Thunder Road’s Late Models go 100 laps in one of their biggest races of the year.
3) Little 500 at Anderson Speedway (IN) – Before the Indy 500 gets underway at the big track, the Little 500 will be held at nearby Anderson Speedway on Saturday. The 500-lap race at the 1/4-mile bullring is a true test of both man and machine.
4) Tri-Track Open Modified Series at Claremont Speedway (NH) – The Tri-Track Open Modified Series will kick off its 2018 season with a trip to Claremont, NH. With big money on the line, stars such as Matt Hirschman, Ryan Preece and Woody Pitkat will be in attendance Saturday night. This is a can’t-miss event if you’re a fan of the ground-pounding Modifieds.
5) Short Track Super Series at Thunder Mountain Speedway (NY) – There will be “Lightning on the Mountain” as the Short Track Super Series North Region Big-Block/Small-Block Modifieds invade Thunder Mountain Speedway Sunday night. The race is just the second STSS North Region race of the 2018 season.
6) ARCA Midwest Tour at Jefferson Speedway (WI) – The popular Midwest Super Late Model touring series makes its way to Cambridge, WI for the Salute the Troops 100 on Saturday. A stout field of competitors from throughout the region will be competing at the 1/4-mile oval.
7) PASS South & Southern Modified Racing Series at Concord (NC) – Whether you prefer Late Models, Modifieds or both, Friday night’s event at Concord Speedway (NC) will have it all. The Pro All Stars Series (PASS) South Super Late Models will be joined by the Southern Modified Racing Series for what should be an action-packed doubleheader.
8) Show Me the Money Series at Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) – Pro Late Models are back in action at Montgomery Saturday evening for round three of the Show Me the Money Series. Giovanni Bromante won round one before Casey Roderick got back on track in round two, but Bobby Knox Jr. leads the season-long point standings heading into the race.
9) World of Outlaws Sprint Cars at The Dirt Track at Charlotte – Before the NASCAR Cup Series stars hit the big track, the World of Outlaws Sprint Cars will shine under the lights at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway. With this being one of only a handful of events held each year at The Dirt Track, Friday night’s race is one you won’t want to miss.
10) Granite State Pro Stock Series at New London-Waterford Speedbowl (CT) – The Granite State Pro Stock Series will head to Connecticut this Saturday to try something different. For the first time in series history, time trials will be used to qualify. And after that, drivers will be competing in triple 35s to determine the overall event winner.
BONUS RACE: Carolina Clash at Cherokee Speedway (SC) – The Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series will battle on the red clay at Cherokee Speedway on Sunday. Competitors will be up on the wheel throughout the race as they chase the $5,000 top prize.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor – Twitter: @Brandon_Paul51
-Photo credit: Alan Ward