A pair of major Super Late Model events, the opening of a new facility and a ton of great short track racing action highlight this week’s list of 10 to Attend short track races.
1) Oxford 250 at Oxford Plains Speedway (ME) – The biggest one day Super Late Model show in the country is finally upon us as teams from both the north and south make the trip to Oxford, Maine. With $25,000 on the line and only so many spots available for the feature event, Sunday’s racing will be a can’t-miss event. If you can’t make the trip, Speed51.com has you covered with a live pay-per-view broadcast available for purchase here.
2) Battle at Berlin at Berlin Raceway (MI) – Super Late Models return to Berlin this Saturday as the ARCA/CRA Super Series drivers begin their playoff chase and “battle” it out at the Battle at Berlin. Heavy-hitter Bubba Pollard will also make his return to the state of Michigan to go for two-in-a-row in his Berlin visits.
3) APC United Late Model Series at Brand New Track (Ontario, Canada) – Pro Late Models with the APC tour will take to the new surface of Jukasa Speedway, formerly known as Cayuga Speedway. The two 75-lap features are scheduled for Sunday and serve as a perfect way to cap off a weekend of racing with a new facility and track.
4) Allen Turner Pro Late Models at Five Flags (FL) – The Allen Turner Pro Late Models are back in action down in Florida with some Friday night short track racing around the historic Five Flags Speedway.
5) Short Track Super Series at Georgetown (DE) – The Short Track Super Series heads to Delaware and takes over Georgetown Speedway for the Blast at the Beach 4 on Tuesday night.
6) RoC Dirt Modifieds at Humberstone (Ontario, Canada) – Both the RoC Dirt Modifieds and the Sportsman division head to Humberstone this Saturday. With it being the season finale for both divisions there is sure to be lots of action and tensions as drivers battle for the championship.
7) NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Seekonk (MA) – The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour rolls into Seekonk Speedway for race #12 of the season as they have 150 laps of Tour-type Modified action slated for Saturday night.
8) CARS Tour at Concord (NC) – The CARS Tour Late Model Stock and Super Late Model drivers make their return to Concord Speedway after kicking their season off at the track a few months ago. Drivers will tackle the tricky triangle of Concord and start playing defense as the season winds down and the points battles heat up.
9) Dave London Memorial X at Spencer Speedway (NY) – Quite possibly one of the highest paying Super Stock races of the season, the Dave London Memorial has a payout of $2,000 to the winner of the 50-lap feature. More than 60 cars are currently entered to compete at the paved half-mile in upstate New York on Friday night.
10) Whiskey City 60 at Lawrenceburg Speedway (IN) – The Lucas Oil Late model Dirt Series heads into the state of Indiana for the Whiskey City 60 and some dirt-slinging action this Saturday evening.