There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. 66th Annual Race of Champions 250, Oswego Speedway (NY) – The RoC Asphalt Modified Tour heads back to the “Steel Palace” for their biggest race of the season on Saturday night. The Race of Champions is back at Oswego, and this year it’s going to be bigger than ever.
2. New England 500 – PASS, ACT, VMRS, Beech Ridge Motor Speedway (ME) – It’s one of the biggest race weekends of the year in New England. Three of New England’s premier divisions racing at one track in one day and it all happens on Saturday.
4. Lucas Oil Late Model Nationals at Knoxville, Knoxville Raceway (IA) – The Late Models have invaded Knoxville, Iowa for the 13th straight year. Usually the Sprint Cars are the stars at Knoxville, but not this weekend. This weekend it’s about fenders.
5. CARS Tour, Myrtle Beach Speedway (SC) – The CARS Racing Tour is headed back to the beach to close out the summer with 200 total laps of racing on Saturday night.
6. Super DIRTcar Series Double-Header, Brewerton & Weedsport Speedways (NY) – The Super DIRTcar Series has a big double-header weekend in store. It kicks off Friday night with action at New York’s Brewerton Speedway and concludes Saturday night at Weedsport Speedway.
7. NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour & Late Model Stock Cars, South Boston Speedway (NC) – Late Models, ground-pounders and bologna burgers. That’s what’s in store for race fans on Saturday night at South Boston Speedway. Matt Bowling will compete in the Late Model twin-75’s and has a chance of clinching the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series championship.
8. SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series, Tucson Speedway (AZ) – The west coast’s premier Super Late Model touring series heads to Arizona for a battle in the desert on Saturday.
9. Granite State Pro Stock Series, Monadnock Speedway (NH) – The Pro Stocks head to “Mad Dog” for a makeup date. The race was originally supposed to be run on August 13, but rain pushed it to this Saturday night.
10. Bettenhausen Classic, Grundy County Speedway (IL) – Super Late Models return to Grundy County on Saturday for one of Grundy County’s biggest races of the year.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Southeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com