There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. World 100, Eldora Speedway (OH) – The biggest Dirt Late Model race in all the land takes place at Eldora Speedway this weekend with two nights of prelims leading up to the big dance on Saturday night where $49,000 awaits the winner after 100 laps.
2. Alabama 200 – Southern Super Series, Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) – The penultimate race for the 2016 SSS season is also one of its most prestigious as the Super Late Models of the Deep South “Hunt for the Bear” on Sunday afternoon.
3. Star Classic – ISMA Supermodifieds & Granite State Pro Stock Series, Star Speedway (NH) – A full day of racing is on tap Saturday in Epping, NH with 150-laps set for ISMA Supermods and 100-laps for the GS Pro Stocks. This is one of the most anticipated events on the calendars of both series.
4. NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, Seekonk Speedway (MA) – For the first time in a decade NASCAR’s “Mighty Modifieds” return to the “Cement Palace” this Saturday night for 150-laps of close and competitive racing.
5. JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour, Owosso Speedway (MI) – The JEGS Tour heads north to Michigan on Saturday night for 100-laps of racing. The Tour’s talented cast will be joined by NASCAR Xfinity Series standout Erik Jones who will also be going for the checkers.
6. Salute to 75, Lebanon I-44 Speedway (MO) – Pro Late Model racers of the Lower Midwest are coming together not just to race each other on Saturday night, but to also pay tribute to five-time NASCAR national champion Larry Phillips who called I-44 his hometrack.
7. NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour & Late Model Stock Cars, East Carolina Motor Speedway (NC) – After being postponed more than a week for rain and wind, the Modifieds of the South are ready to go 150 laps on Sunday afternoon. The track’s Late Model Stocks will also run Twin 40 features with national contender Matt Bowling expected to participate.
8. Northwest Super Late Model Series, Wenatchee Valley Super Oval (WA) – The penultimate round for the Supers of the Northwest rolls off on Saturday night with 125 laps the distance.
9. Late Model Stock Cars Twin 40’s, Myrtle Beach Speedway (SC) – The final NASCAR points night for Myrtle Beach racers is set for Saturday night with two opportunities for Late Model Stock competitors to mix it up.
10. Vermont 200 Weekend, Devil’s Bowl Speedway (VT) – One of the boldest weekends of racing is set to feature both asphalt and dirt action over two days. Saturday afternoon things get started with the first of two 50 lap features on the half-mile asphalt track for the Sportsman Modifieds. Sunday afternoon, the Sportsman Mods run the second 50 lap race and the Late Models hit the asphalt for 100 laps of racing. Later on Sunday night, the Sportsman Mods will take to the one-third dirt track to end the weekend.
-By Connor Sullivan, Speed51.com State Editor (Massachusetts, Long Island, Connecticut) – Twitter: @Connor51CT
-Photo Credit: Paul Arch photo