There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. World Stock Car Festival, Winchester Speedway (IN) – Over 380 laps of feature racing is on tap this Labor Day Weekend on the high banks of Winchester. The World Stock Car Festival is headlined by the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour 100 on Sunday night and 100 laps for the ARCA/CRA Super Series on Monday. If you can’t make it to the track, watch all of the action via a live video stream on Speed51.com.
2. Bud Classic Weekend, Oswego Speedway (NY) – It’s the most prestigious Supermodified race in the country, and it takes place this Sunday at Oswego. Joining in on the weekend of fun will be the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, as the tour makes its first visit to Oswego in 27 years.
3. Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, Tyler County Speedway (WV) – Scott Bloomquist, Jonathan Davenport and the rest of the LOLMDS stars will be chasing $25,000 in the Hillbilly Hundred on Sunday.
4. Call of the Wild, Kalamazoo Speedway (MI) – They call it the “Call of the Wild,” and they call it that for good reason. The cars are wild and the speeds are wild in this “Run What Ya Brung” Outlaw Super Late Model spectacular. Drivers will attempt to break world records and turn the fastest lap around Kalamazoo, no matter what it may take.
5. Pro Late Model Twin 50s, Five Flags Speedway (FL) – Just three regular season races remain for the Pro Late Models and two of them will take place this weekend. A strong group of PLM stars are expected to make their way to Pensacola for twin 50-lap features.
6. Super DIRTcar Series, Weedsport Speedway (NY) – The Big-Block Modifieds will spend their Labor Day slinging dirt around Weedsport on Monday.
7. ARCA Midwest Tour, Dells Raceway Park (WI) – Ty Majeski leads what is expected to be a full field of Super Late Model stars into Dells Raceway Park for a 100-lap race on Saturday.
8. #TheWatch, Madison (WI), South Boston (VA), Stafford (CT), Waterford (CT) – The battle for the 2016 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series national title is on. If you’re in the Midwest, Ty Majeski will be in action at Madison on Friday night. If you’re in the Southeast, head out to South Boston to watch a pair of contenders — Matt Bowling and Lee Pulliam — square off in twin Late Model features. And if you’re in the Northeast, you’ll have two chances — Stafford on Friday and the New London-Waterford Speedbowl (CT) — to watch “Kid Roc” Keith Rocco attempt to win his second national championship.
9. NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour, East Carolina Motor Speedway (NC) – The ground-pounding Modifieds of the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour will make their debut at East Carolina on Saturday night.
10. Outlaw Karts, Millbridge Speedway (NC) and Iredell County Fair (NC)– Labor Day Weekend is a big weekend for the Outlaw Karts in the state of North Carolina. They will be in action Friday night at the Iredell County Fairgrounds before a $2,500-to-win race Saturday at Millbridge.
BONUS: Sometimes a list of 10 events just isn’t enough to include all of the events you should attend in a weekend. This weekend is one of those cases. But we couldn’t not mention the busy Mainely Motorsports Weekend at Wiscasset Speedway (ME). Admission is just $5 each day and the racing action will be headlined by a 100-lap Granite State Pro Stock Series race on Sunday.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor – Twitter: @Brandon_Paul
-Photo credit: Bill Taylor