There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. 43rd Annual Oxford 250, Oxford Plains Speedway (ME) – It’s one of the biggest Super Late Model races of the year. Close to 70 cars are gunning for the $25,000 check at Maine’s legendary speedway. The only way to see the race is to be in attendance, so head on up to Maine if you’re looking for a big race.
2. NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, Riverhead Raceway (NY) – The ground-pounders of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour head to Long Island’s Riverhead Raceway on Saturday night to dance with the indian and battle on a bullring.
3. CARS Tour, Concord Speedway (NC) – The southeast’s best Super Late Model and Late Model Stock car drivers are headed to one of the hardest tracks in the country on Saturday night for a double-header.
4. ACT/VMRS Double-header, Oxford Plains Speedway (ME) – Two premiere touring series will run a double-header the night before the Oxford 250. The American Canadian Tour Late Models and the Valenti Modified Racing Series will both be in action on Saturday night.
5. ARCA/CRA Super Series, Flat Rock Speedway (MI) – The season is nearing to a close for the ARCA/CRA Super Series Super Late Models. Four races remain, including Saturday’s race at Flat Rock. Points leader Cody Coughlin will make his way to Flat Rock after racing earlier that day in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Michigan International Speedway.
6. Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, John Bradshaw Memorial, Ponderosa Speedway (KY) – The stars of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series are in action on Friday in the Bluegrass State for the 13th John Bradshaw Memorial.
7. NASCAR K&N Pro Series West, Douglas County Speedway (OR) – Todd Gilliland and Ryan Partridge continue their points battle on Saturday night in the Beaver State.
8. Clyde Hart Memorial, New Smyrna Speedway (FL) – Super Late Models head back to New Smyrna Speedway for 100 laps of racing on Saturday night.
9. Southern Modified Racing Series, Caraway Speedway (NC) – 125 laps of racing is on tap on Saturday night for the PASS Modifieds at Caraway Speedway.
10. NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Late Models, South Boston Speedway (VA) – The national championship is once again going to have to go through South Boston. National points leader Matt Bowling will be racing on Saturday night for 100 laps.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Southeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo credit: Speed51.com