There's plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it's on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it's all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week's 10 to Attend.
1. Southern Super Series, Lee Fields Memorial, Mobile International Speedway (AL) – After a mid-summer break the SSS begins its final three-race stretch on the fast high banks of Mobile on Saturday. Points leader Donnie Wilson looks to add to his win total while protecting his points lead.
2. All-Star Circuit of Champions @ Lebanon Valley Speedway (NY) – The “Valley of Speed” hosts its annual Sunday show for Winged Sprint Cars. But this year the All-Stars take the spot light for the first time, with boss-man Tony Stewart on hand to oversee the action as well as Steve Kinser and Sammy Swindell making special appearances.
3. Tommy Druar/Tony Jankowiak Memorial, Lancaster National Speedway (NY) – The Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Series return to the Buffalo area on Saturday for 110 laps of racing. The race will serve as a final tune-up to September’s Race of Champions 250.
4. Howie Lettow Classic, Madison International Speedway (WI) – The final leg of Madison’s Super Late Model Triple Crown rolls off Friday night for 50 laps with Casey Johnson and Jeremy Miller battling for the TC championship.
5. Bowman Gray Stadium (NC) Season Finale – With football season fast approaching, the “Madhouse” Modifieds will close out the season with a final 150-lap showdown on Saturday night. “Madhouse Master” Burt Myers looks to put an exclamation point on the season by taking home his seventh Stadium championship.
6. JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour, Memorial 100, Columbus Motor Speedway (OH) – Originally scheduled for May 28, the JEGS/CRA All-Stars roll into Columbus on Saturday for the final time, as the track’s “Final Lap” season begins to wind down.
7. Lucas Oil Modifieds, Orange Show Speedway (CA) – The Modifieds of the West are also back from a summer break as they head to San Bernadino for 100 laps Saturday night with Scott Winters atop the point standings.
8. Valenti Modified Racing Series, Victor Johnson Memorial, Monadnock Speedway (NH) – The MRS heads to “Mad Dog” for the third and final time in 2016 for 100 laps on Saturday. Series points leader Jon McKennedy looks to continue the dominance he has shown nearly all year.
9. Rusty Harpe Memorial, Caraway Speedway (NC) – Late Model Stock Cars will put on a two-for-one show Friday night with Twin 50-lap events.
10. Northwest Super Late Model Series, I-90 Challenge, Spokane County Super Oval – The Northwest roars to life on Saturday night with SLM’s going for 90 laps of hard racing action.
-By Connor Sullivan, Speed51.com State Editor (CT, MA. Long Island) - Twitter: @Connor51CT
-Photo credit: Speed51.com