There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. Kalamazoo Klash XXIV, Kalamazoo Speedway (MI) – The Klash is the biggest Outlaw Super Late Model race on the calendar, and has been for the last 23 years. Wednesday’s race is expected to be wild like usual. The template-bodied Super Late Models of the ARCA/CRA Super Series are also on the card.
2. NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Weekend, Bowman Gray Stadium (NC) – Ground-pounders take center stage at “The Madhouse” for two straight days, beginning on Friday night with a 100-lap show for the weekly Modified division. Saturday night will see the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour go for 199 laps.
4. NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, Stafford Motor Speedway (CT) – The stars of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour head back to the flat half-mile of Stafford Motor Speedway on Friday night for the third time this season. This time it’s 150 laps to determine a winner.
5. SPEARS (SRL) Southwest Tour Series, Redwood Acres Speedway (CA) – The premier Super Late Model touring series on the West Coast heads to Redwood Acres on Saturday for the seventh scheduled race of the season.
6. Wings ‘N Wheels, New London-Waterford Speedbowl (CT) – Modifieds, Super Modifieds, Midgets and more can be found at Connecticut’s New London-Waterford Speedbowl on Saturday night in the annual Wings ‘N Wheels event.
7. Super DIRTcar Series Hall of Fame 100, Weedsport Speedway (NY) – The Big Blocks of the Super DIRTcar Series return to Weedsport Speedway on Tuesday night for the Hall of Fame 100, one of the biggest races of the season.
8. RoC Asphalt Modified Tour, Chemung Speedrome (NY) – Jimmy Zacharias, Chuck Hossfeld, Patrick Emerling and all of the RoC stars head back to Chemung Speedrome on Saturday night.
9. American-Canadian Tour, Beech Ridge Motor Speedway (ME) – The ACT Late Models are set to do battle at Maine’s Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in the Coastal 100 on Saturday.
10. JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour, Spitzer Motor Speedway (OH) – Spitzer Motor Speedway, formerly known as Mansfield Motorsports Park, reopened earlier this season after being closed since 2010. On Saturday night it will host the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour for the first time.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Southeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo credit: Speed51.com/Daryl Canfield photo