There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. SBM 125 V, Star Speedway (NH) – After a year away, one of the most popular and exciting Modified races of the year returns to the Star Speedway bullring this Saturday night.
2. Dixieland 250, Wisconsin International Raceway (WI) – The top Super Late Model drivers in the Midwest will battle for 250 laps around the quarter-mile D-shaped oval on Tuesday night.
4. Detjens Memorial Weekend, State Park Speedway (WI) – It’s a weekend extravaganza on Friday and Saturday at State Park Speedway. It all kicks off Friday night with the Big 8 Series Late Models and will be capped off by the Detjens Memorial 125 for the Super Late Models on Saturday.
5. PASS North 150, Oxford Plains Speedway (ME) – We like to call this race the “Prelude to the Oxford 250.” This is the final long-distance race at Oxford Plains before the 43rd Annual Oxford 250. The PASS North Super Late Models will race 150 laps around the historic 3/8-mile oval on Sunday.
6. Super DIRTcar Series, Merrittville Speedway (NY) & Ransomville Speedway (NY) – Weekday shows are nothing new for the Super DIRTcar Series and they will do it again next week with back-to-back races on Monday and Tuesday night in New York.
7. Granite State Pro Stock Series, Riverhead Raceway (NY) – The Granite State Pro Stock Series will make their inaugural visit to Long Island’s bullring this weekend. A good field of cars including series regulars and home track favorites should put on an exciting show for the fans.
8. NASCAR K&N Pro Series East/West, Iowa Speedway (IA) – The best from the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and NASCAR K&N Pro Series West collide for 150 laps at Iowa.
9. Hy-Miler Weekend, Sandusky Speedway (OH) – It’s one of the biggest weekends of the year for ISMA Supermodified fans. The Hy-Miler at Sandusky features a 40-lap race on Friday before the big 100-lap feature Saturday.
10. Sunoco Challenge Series, Desoto Speedway (FL) – Florida’s Super Late Model stars return to Desoto Speedway Saturday night for a 100-lap feature.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor – Twitter: @Brandon_Paul51
-Photo credit: Pro All Stars Series/Norm Marx