There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. 50th Annual Redbud 300, Anderson Speedway (IN) – The ARCA/CRA Super Series is back in action this Saturday night on the high-banked quarter-mile that is the Anderson Speedway in Indiana for the 50th Annual Redbud 300. If you can’t make it to the Redbud on Saturday night you can watch live on Speed51 TV.
2. Montana 200, Montana Raceway Park (MT) – The Montana 200 should be a bucket-list race for every Short Track fan there is. Super Late Models on a beautiful track in a beautiful location. What more can you ask for? The 26th edition of the Montana 200 goes green on Saturday night.
3. NASCAR Modifieds and K&N Pro Series, New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NH) – This weekend the Granite State will be a heaven for short track fans. Three races between two series in two days at the Magic Mile. The 40-lap Whelen All-Star Showdown for the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will take place on Friday. The 100-lap feature for the Modifieds and the 70-lap feature for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East will take place on Saturday.
4. King’s Royal, Eldora Speedway (OH) – The World of Outlaws head to Ohio’s Eldora Speedway on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to crown a king in the King’s Royal.
5. SRL Southwest Tour Series, Madera Speedway (CA) – The Southwest Tour is back in action on Saturday at California’s Madera Speedway.
6. Wayne Carter Classic, Grundy County Speedway (WI) – The first Wayne Carter Classic at Grundy was run in 1975. Since then it’s become one of the biggest Super Late Model races in the region. This Saturday a new feature will be added when Ty Majeski and Eddie Hoffman square off in a match race.
7. American-Canadian Tour, Seekonk Speedway (MA) – The American-Canadian Tour will square off in the second Southern New England Tripleheader of the season on Saturday night.
8. Show Me the Money Series, Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) – The Pro Late Models are back in action at Montgomery on Saturday night.
9. Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, Lucas Oil Speedway (OH) – The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series returns to Wheatland, Missouri for the 10th Diamond Nationals on Saturday night.
10. 37th Vermont Governor’s Cup, Thunder Road International Speedbowl (VT) – Racing returns to Thunder Road on Friday night for the 37th Vermont Governor’s Cup.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Southeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Matthew Dillner photo