It’s time to celebrate America’s independence, and nobody does that better than racers. There’s big races and fireworks shows all over the country. We’ve done our best to pick out the 10 best races around the country, so take a look in this weekend’s 10 to Attend.
1. Show Me the Money Series, Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) – The Pro Late Models return to Montgomery on Saturday night for a 75-lap showdown. Saturday’s race is the make-up date for June 11’s rain-out.
2. Super DIRTcar Series, Utica-Rome Speedway (NY) – Big Block Dirt Modifieds will roar around New York’s Utica-Rome Speedway on Saturday night. The track will also have fireworks at the end of the night as part of their Independence Day celebration.
3. Sun Fun 101, Myrtle Beach Speedway (SC) – Late Model Stocks return to Myrtle Beach Speedway on Friday night for the Sun Fun 101. If you’re looking for a weekend getaway with some racing too, this is the place to be. The beach, Independence Day Weekend, and racing. How could it get any better?
4. Granite State Pro Stock Series, Speedway 51 (NH) – The Granite State Pro Stock Series heads back to its home state of New Hampshire on Saturday night for a battle in Groveton.
5. Riverhead’s 66th Celebration, Riverhead Raceway (NY) – Long Island’s only remaining race track will celebrate its 66th year of racing as well as America’s independence on Saturday night. Fireworks and Modifieds highlight Riverhead’s card.
6. PASS Non-Winner’s Race, Oxford Plains Speedway (ME) – One of the more interesting races this season goes green on Sunday afternoon in Maine. Super Late Models will battle at Oxford for a guaranteed starting spot in the Oxford 250. Here’s the twist: Every driver entered in this race has never won a PASS race.
7. NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, Columbus Motor Speedway (OH) – The young guns of the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East will head to the bullring of the Columbus Motor Speedway for the final time as Columbus’ final season rolls on.
8. NASCAR Late Model 200, South Boston Speedway (VA) – The stars of the Mid-Atlantic Late Model Stock Car world will be out in full force on Friday night for the 200-lap $5,000-to-win show at South Boston Speedway. Bologna burgers, racing and fireworks are on the bill at SoBo.
9. Spirit of 76, The Bullring at Las Vegas (NV) – Super Late Models will go 76 laps in honor of America on Saturday night on the bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
10. NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour, Caraway Speedway (NC) – The ground-pounders of the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour are back in action on Friday night to end their spring break. Caraway will also have a fireworks show as well.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Southeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com photo