No matter where you are in the country this weekend, there's probably a great short track race to head to. We've managed to narrow it down to what we feel are the 10 best races to head to this weekend in Speed51.com's "10 to Attend."
1. Alabama 200 - The Southern Super Series is back in action this weekend at Alabama's Montgomery Motor Speedway for the prestigious Alabama 200. Anderson Bowen is the defending winner of the Alabama 200 and he's looking to drive into Montgomery's victory lane once again.
2. Bud St. Amant Memorial 125 - The ARCA/CRA Super Series is back in action this weekend at Ohio's Columbus Motor Speedway. The Bud St. Amant Memorial 125 was originally scheduled to race in late June, but Mother Nature pushed that event back to this weekend.
3. Call of the Wild - Can you hear that? It's the Call of the Wild at Michigan's Kalamazoo Speedway. This, as they say at K-Zoo "Is the Wild One." The Outlaw Super Late Models always put on a wild show in this one, and it's hard to beat this entertainment value as just $12 gets you through the gates.
4. World 100 - Are you a fan of the dirt? Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio is the place to be this weekend as the best of the best in Dirt Late Model racing take to the famous facility in the cornfields of Ohio for one of the biggest races of the year.
5. SRL Southwest Tour - The Super Late Models of the SRL Southwest Tour are running just outside of Salt Lake City in Utah for 122 laps at the fast 3/8-mile facility of Rocky Mountain Raceways. Greg Voigt leads Parker Stephens by just 12 points with three races remaining.
6. Star Classic - Perhaps the biggest race of the ISMA Supermodified season is upon us. The 150-lap Star Classic at New Hampshire's Star Speedway is this weekend, and they're joined by the Granite State Pro Stock Series who will do battle at the tough bullring for 100 laps of their own.
7. PASS/ACT Doubleheader - The Super Late Models of the Pro All-Stars Tour are joining forces with the ACT Late Models for a big show north of the border. Both divisions are taking on the Autodrome Chaudiere in Valle-Joncton, Quebec on Saturday.
8. Tri-Track Open Modified Series - The New London-Waterford Speedbowl is the host site for the fourth race of the Tri-Track Open Modified Series schedule. 100 laps is the distance at the Connecticut shoreline oval, and over 45 cars are expected to be in the pit area.
9. Motor Mile Twin 75's - The season is coming to an end at Virginia's Motor Mile Speedway. To send the year out in style, the track is running twin 75-lap features for the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Late Model Stock Cars. Lee Pulliam leads the championship points, but Matt Bowling still has a shot at the upset win.
10. Stock Car Road Race Challenge - Yes, this is a road course event, but some of short track racing's stars are heading to Connecticut's Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park to make left and right turns. If you're in the area of Thompson, Connecticut, go and check it out. If not, you can follow all of the action on Speed51.com with Trackside Now.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Northeast Editor - Twitter: @RobBlount