Many track around the country are kicking off their weekly racing programs this weekend, and we’ve hand-picked a list of what we feel are the 10 must-see events of the weekend across the United States of America in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. CRA Cabin Fever at Lucas Oil Raceway (IN) – Four divisions of racing is on-tap on Sunday at Lucas Oil Raceway. The CRA Sportsman Late Models, CRA Street Stocks, Top Speed Modifieds and Vores Compacts all begin their seasons on Sunday.
2. Pro Late Model Season Opener at Five Flags Speedway (FL) – The always competitive Pro Late Model division opens its season at the home of the Snowball Derby on Friday night under the lights.
3. Pro Late Model Season Opener at Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville (TN) – The 60th season of racing at the Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville is set to kick off on Sunday. The Pro Late Models and Super Trucks will be on the 5/8-mile oval with six other divisions racing on the quarter-mile as well.
4. Southern Modified Racing Series at Concord Speedway (NC) – The ground-pounders of the south will head to the tricky half-mile triangle that is Concord Speedway on Saturday for their third race of 2017.
5. Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at East Alabama Motor Speedway (AL) – Bloomquist, Davenport, Richards and the rest of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will run in the 20th Annual Bama Bash on Saturday night.
6. NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Opener at Langley Speedway (VA) – After a year of uncertainty and no racing, Langley Speedway is reopening for racing this Saturday night. The Late Model Stock Cars will headline the night’s racing action.
7. Season Opener at Evergreen Speedway (WA) – Evergreen Speedway kicks off the 63rd year of racing at the Super Speedway of the West. Large field of Super Late Models are expected for the first race of the new six-race Bud Crown Series.
8. Southeast Dirt Modified Series at Smoky Mountain Speedway (TN) – The high-banked dirt oval in Marysville, Tennessee will see the UMP-style Modifieds take to the track on Saturday night.
9. Pro Late Model Season Opener at New Smyrna Speedway (FL) – The Pro Late Models kick off their season at the fast half-mile oval in the shadows of Daytona International Speedway on Saturday night.
10. USAC Silver Crown at Terre Haute Action Track (IN) – It’s the season-opener for the “big cars” of the USAC Silver Crown division at the Action Track on Sunday.
-Text By Speed51.com Staff – Photo Credit: Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville Photo