With the short track racing calendar hitting its stride this weekend, it’s time to let our fans know what we think are the 10 must-see short track racing events on the schedule. We’ve assembled a list of events that should have fans of all short track racing disciplines heading to a race track somewhere across the country.
1) Sprint Car World Championship at Mansfield Speedway (OH) – Big money is on the line at Ohio’s Mansfield Speedway this weekend. With $100,000 on the line, the car counts are expected to be quite big as well.
2) Blizzard Series 125 at Five Flags Speedway (FL) – The Southern Super Series heads to Pensacola’s Five Flags Speedway on Friday night for 125 laps of action at the home of the Snowball Derby. It is also the season-opener for the Deep South Cranes Blizzard Series. If you can make it to Five Flags, we urge you to do so, but if not Speed51.com has you covered with a live pay-per-view broadcast.
3) Intimidator 100 at Kalamazoo Speedway (MI) – Outlaw Late Models will roar around Michigan’s Kalamazoo Speedway in the Intimidator 100. Outlaw Late Models at Kalamazoo Speedway are always thrilling.
4) Short Track Super Series at Bridgeport Speedway (NJ) – The Short Track Super Series Big-Block and Small-Block Modifieds will test the all-new 3/8-mile oval at Bridgeport for the first time.
5) NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Spring Sizzler at Stafford Motor Speedway (CT) – The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour rolls into Connecticut’s Stafford Motor Speedway for a 200-lap affair. The race is the third of the season for the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour.
6) PASS 200 at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway (ME) – New England’s premier Super Late Model touring series heads to Maine’s Beech Ridge Motor Speedway for 200 laps of action.
7) JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour at Birch Run Speedway (MI) – The Midwest’s premier Pro Late Model touring series opens its 2018 campaign this weekend at Birch Run Speedway. The race is a tune-up for the $10,000-to-win Masters of the Pros event to be held at Birch Run later this year.
8) Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at Macon Speedway (IL) – The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series heads to the tight bullring of Macon Speedway on Saturday night. Dirt Late Models on a tight bullring is must-see action for any race fan.
9) Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series at Modoc Raceway (SC) – The Carolina Clash Super Late Models head to South Carolina’s Modoc Raceway for a combination race with the Ultimate Super Late Model Series on Saturday night.
10) NASCAR K&N Pro Series East at Langley Speedway (VA) – The NASCAR K&N Pro Series East is heading to the coast of Virginia on Saturday to take on Langley Speedway.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Associate Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount