There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. Fall Classic, The Bullring at LVMS (NV) – The Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is the place to be for Late Model racing out west on Saturday night. Super Late Models and Late Models will each race for 150 laps with the Las Vegas skyline in the background.
2. World Short Track Championships, The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway (NC) – Nine divisions of cars will be in action at Charlotte’s dirt track on Friday and Saturday. With just one week until the World Finals, this is the best tune-up one could ask for.
3. Octoberfast, Mahoning Valley Speedway (PA) – The cars and stars of the RoC Asphalt Modified tour invade the egg-shaped bullring of Mahoning Valley Speedway for a 150-lap battle on Saturday night.
4. 55th Annual Eastern States 200, Orange County Fair Speedway (NY) – The best in Big-Block Modified racing are heading to Middletown, New York for one of the biggest races of the Big-Block season on the 5/8-mile Hard Clay oval.
5. Tri-Track Open Modified Series, New London-Waterford Speedbowl (CT) – More than 40 Tour-Type Modifieds are expected to head to Connecticut’s shoreline oval on Sunday for a 100-lap battle to close out their season.
6. Granite State Pro Stock Series, New London-Waterford Speedbowl (CT) – The Granite State Pro Stock Series will close out its season on Saturday night at Connecticut’s shoreline oval.
7. Fall Brawl, Hickory Motor Speedway (NC) – Two-hundred laps of Late Model Stock racing is on-tap for Saturday night at the “Birthplace of the NASCAR Stars.” The Limited Late Models will also be in action for 100 laps.
8. Southern Modified Racing Series, Caraway Speedway (NC) – The first-year Modified series ends its season at the 4/10-mile Caraway Speedway on Saturday night with a tight points battle ready to be decided.
9. Falloween, Dells Raceway Park (WI) – The 2016 racing season comes to a conclusion at Dells on Sunday with 150 laps of Super Late Model racing plus a 50-lap Midwest Truck Series feature.
10. Sunoco Challenge Series, Auburndale Speedway (FL) – The first-year Super Late Model series ends its season on Saturday night with a 100-lap showdown.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Southeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com