There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. World Finals, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) – Beginning on Thursday night with qualifying, the World Finals is a racing fan’s dream. Three premier touring series, three completely different types of race cars all jampacked into one weekend. The Big-Block Modifieds from the Super DIRTcar Series will join the World of Outlaws Late Models and Sprint Cars for this end-of-season spectacle.
2. Race of Champions, Oswego Speedway (NY) – Oswego Speedway returns to pavement for the second attempt at the 66th Annual Race of Champions. Tour-Type Modified drivers from New York, Pennsylvania and beyond will battle to win one of the biggest Modified races of the year.
3. CARS Tour, Hickory Motor Speedway (NC) – The CARS Tour Late Model Stock Cars and Super Late Models make their way to Hickory Motor Speedway on Saturday for twin 150-lap races.
4. Lucas Oil Modifieds, Havasu 95 Speedway (AZ) – It’s the final race of the season for the Lucas Oil Modifieds Saturday. They will race 100 laps around Havasu 95, and at the end of the night a champion will be crowned.
5. SPEARS (SRL) Southwest Tour Series, Kern County Raceway Park (CA) – Super Late Model stars from the West Coast will make their way to the fastest track that SRL races on all year, Kern County Raceway Park, on Saturday.
6. DAV Fall Classic, Seekonk Speedway (MA) – Super Late Model/Pro Stock racers in the Northeast will converge at Seekonk for one final hoorah, a $5,000-to-win open race on Saturday afternoon.
7. Hart to Heart 100, New Smyrna Speedway (FL) – Super Late Models return to New Smryna for a 100-lap tune up before the Governor’s Cup in November.
8. Spooktacular, Southern National Motorsports Park (NC) – Drivers will be doing their own trick or treating on the race track Saturday during the Spooktacular event at Southern National, featuring the Mischa Sell Memorial race for Limited Late Models.
9. Halloween Mayhem, Carteret County Speedway (NC) – Carteret County will be host a full racing card on Saturday headlined by the popular Late Model Stock Cars.
10. Spooky Spectacular, Wall Stadium (NJ) – With the Turkey Derby drawing closer, Tour-Type Modified racers will be preparing for the biggest race of the year on the Jersey Shore.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor – Twitter: @Brandon_Paul51
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com