We've officially reached "big race" season. As the racing calendar begins to come to a close, the races just get bigger and bigger. This week's list is highlighted by a $50,000-to-win Pro Late Model race, and is full of plenty of big races you should attend.
In order to help you choose where to go, we've narrowed down the list to 10 of the best short track racing events you should attend this weekend.
1) Canadian Short Track Nationals at Jukasa Motor Speedway (Ont) – The Canadian Short Track Nationals is the highest paying Late Model race in North America and it begins on Saturday. The APC Late Models take to the track on Saturday night, and then on Sunday is the big show. $50,000 (CAD) are on the line on Sunday night at the state-of-the-art Jukasa Motor Speedway. (Those that can't make it to Jukasa Motor Speedway can see the action live with our pay-per-view broadcast).
2) World Stock Car Festival at Winchester Speedway (IN) – Winchester Speedway comes alive on Sunday and Monday with the ARCA/CRA Super Series, JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour, Vore's Compact Touring Series, CRA Late Model Sportsman, CRA Late Model Sportsman, CRA Street Stocks, and the I-CAR All-Star Modifieds all in action on the 37-degree high banks.
3) Oswego Bud Classic at Oswego Speedway (NY) – Oswego Speedway Supermodifieds, ISMA winged Supermodifieds and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour head to the "Steel Palace" for one of the biggest events of the year in Upstate New York.
4) Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Hillbilly Hundred at Tyler County Speedway (WV) – The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series heads to West Virginia's Tyler County Speedway for the Hillbilly Hundred. Sunday's race will be the 50th time the Hillbilly Hundred is contested.
5) Alabama 200 at Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) – Pro Late Models will take on the Montgomery Motor Speedway half-mile on Sunday for 200 laps as drivers "Hunt for the Bear" in Alabama's capital city.
6) Pro Stock 250 at Speedway 660 (NB) – Pro Stocks will be in action at New Brunswick’s Speedway 660 in the Pro Stock 250 on Sunday.
7) RoC Asphalt Modified Tour at Spencer Speedway (NY) – The RoC Asphalt Modified Tour heads to Spencer Speedway on Friday night. Ryan Preece and Matt Hirschman will both be in action, taking on the regulars of the RoC Tour.
8) ARCA Midwest Tour at Dells Raceway Park (WI) – After a wild Wayne Carter Classic one week ago, the ARCA Midwest Tour heads to the Dells for what should be another crazy night of racing.
9) Labor Day Classic at Thunder Road International Speedbowl (VT) – Late Models are back in action at the legendary Thunder Road International Speedbowl in Barre, Vermont on Sunday for the Labor Day Classic.
10) Call of the Wild at Kalamazoo Speedway (MI) - Who can go the fastest? That's what the Call of the Wild is all about. Sail panels and speed are the name of the game at Kalamazoo Speedway this weekend.
Bonus Event 1: Dirt Doubleheader at DuQuoin Fairgrounds (IL) - The ARCA Racing Series and USAC Silver Crown head to the one-mile oval at the DuQuoin Fairgrounds this weekend. The USAC Silver Crown cars will take on the one-mile track on Sunday, and then on Monday the stars of the ARCA Racing Series will get their turn. The DIRTcar UMP Modifieds will be on the bill on both days of action.
Bonus Event 2: Rocky Ridge 150 for the Granite State Pro Stock Series at Claremont Speedway (NH) - The Granite State Pro Stock Series heads to Claremont Speedway for their longest and biggest race of the season, the Rocky Ridge 150. The battle atop the standings is a close one, and Claremont has the potential to make or break a championship run.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Associate Editor - Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Jukasa Motor Speedway