From Eldora to Winchester to Terre Haute and beyond, there’s a bunch of big races taking place this weekend. You need to get out there and support short track racing if you can! And if you’re in the path of Hurricane Michael, please stay safe.
1) World 100 at Eldora Speedway (OH) – It’s the biggest Dirt Late Model race of the year and one of the biggest short track races of the year in general. Mother Nature didn’t want it to run last month, but this weekend Eldora Speedway will give it another go to see who will get one of the biggest wins of their life.
2) 47th Annual Winchester 400 at Winchester Speedway (IN) – 37 degrees of banking on a half-mile track. Four hundred grueling laps. The Winchester 400 is a true test of man and machine. The ARCA/CRA Super Series will headline the weekend, but in addition to the 400-lap headline event, the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour, CRA Late Model Sportsman, CRA Street Stocks, Vore’s Compact Touring Series and ICAR Modifieds will all be in action throughout the weekend.
3) Sunoco World Series at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (CT) – The racing season in the Northeast is just about over as Thompson Speedway will close out its season this weekend with a jam-packed schedule of events. The festivities will conclude with the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour 150. The Modifieds will be joined by the ISMA Supermodifieds, ACT Late Models, Modified Racing Series, Granite State Pro Stock Series and more.
4) Short Track Super Series at Port Royal Speedway (PA) – The Big Blocks of the Short Track Super Series are headed to Pennsylvania to take on the Port Royal Speedway for the first time on Friday night.
5) PASS North at Oxford Plains Speedway (ME) – The Pro All Stars Series will be back in action in Maine on Saturday for 150 laps of action around the challenging Oxford Plains Speedway. This weekend’s race will serve as the penultimate event of the 2018 PASS North season.
6) Fall Nationals at Brockville Ontario Speedway (ON) – If you enjoy Dirt Modifieds, you’ll enjoy this weekend’s Fall Nationals. The Super DIRTcar Series Big-Block Modifieds take center stage on Friday before the DIRTcar 358 Modifieds shine on Saturday.
7) USAC National Sprints/World of Outlaws Sprints at Terre Haute Action Track (IN) – If you’re a fan of Sprint Cars, you need to park yourself in a seat at the Terre Haute Action Track on Friday and Saturday as the best Sprint Car drivers of the winged and non-winged variety will be in action.
8) Octoberfast at Mahoning Valley Speedway (PA) – One of the biggest events on the calendar at Pennsylvania’s circular short track is on-tap this weekend. Modifieds and more will all be in action on Saturday.
9) Carolina Clash at Carolina Speedway (NC) – The penultimate race for the 2018 season for the Carolina Clash Super Late Models will take place this Friday night at Gastonia, North Carolina’s Carolina Speedway.
10) NASCAR K&N Pro Series West at All-American Speedway (CA) – Two races remain on the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West schedule. The first of those final two events will take place this Saturday night at California’s All-American Speedway.
-Featured Photo by DIRTcar