From the “Clay Palace” to “Fest,” there are plenty of big events for short track racing fans to attend this weekend. Here are our top 10 events to attend this weekend.
1) Super DIRT Week at Oswego Speedway (NY) – The biggest week of the year for Big-Block Dirt Modified racing is this week and it all culminates on Sunday at the Oswego Speedway with the Billy Whittaker Cars 200.
2) Oktoberfest at LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway (WI) – They say that “Fest is Best.” We’ll find out on Sunday who is the best at fest when the ARCA Midwest Tour concludes its season with a 200-lap race at LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway. But before we even get to Sunday, there are three days of racing leading up to the main event.
3) Short Track SuperNationals at Thunder Mountain Speedway (NY) – The race is known as the “Working Man’s Race.” The stars of the Short Track Super Series will unleash their own thunder on the mountain at Thunder Mountain Speedway on Saturday night.
4) ARCA Racing Series at Lucas Oil Raceway (IN) – This race was originally supposed to be held at the beginning of September, but Mother Nature had other ideas. Now, the ARCA Racing Series will head back to Indianapolis for its penultimate race of the 2018 season on Saturday night.
5) Short Track Shootout at Madera Speedway (CA) – More than 50 competitors have entered for a chance to win $10,000. A full-field on a tight 1/3-mile bullring is always entertaining, but it’s even better when there’s big money on the line.
6) DIRTcar National Championships at Federated Auto Parts I-55 Speedway (MO) – The DIRTcar UMP Modifieds, UMP Late Models and UMP Pro Late Models will crown champions this weekend in Missouri.
7) Oktoberfest at Lee USA Speedway (NH) – The Valenti Modified Racing Series and the Granite State Pro Stock Series head to New Hampshire for the annual Lee Oktoberfest on Sunday.
8) Pittsburgher 100 at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway (PA) – Just a few races remain on the 2018 calendar for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. This weekend the series rolls into western Pennsylvania for a showdown in Pittsburgh.
9) DAV Fall Classic at Seekonk Speedway (MA) – The DAV Fall Classic is a staple of Pro Stock racing in New England. Many of the best Pro Stock drivers from all over New England will descend upon the Cement Palace to take on the local drivers.
10) FUEL Racing Series at Cherokee Speedway (SC) – The Late Model stars of the FUEL Racing Series will head to Gaffney, South Carolina to take on “The Place Your Mama Warned You About” this weekend.