Big money and big races and big crowds. That’s where we are in the season now. All big races all the time. With that said, choosing where to go to watch a race can be hard, so we narrowed it down for you. Here’s the 10 biggest races of the weekend in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1) World 100 at Eldora Speedway (OH) – The biggest Dirt Late Model event of the year is upon us. It’s the World 100 at the legendary Eldora Speedway and it’s taking place this weekend in Rossburg, Ohio.
2) Speed51 Super Select at Lucas Oil Raceway (IN) – The night before the Brickyard 400 the best Super Late Model drivers in the country will compete in a first of its kind All-Star Race. $10,000 are on the line and only the winner gets paid after 75-laps of no-holds-barred racing. The USAC Silver Crown cars are also on the bill for the Rich Vogler Classic.
3) Star Classic at Star Speedway (NH) – The ISMA Supermodifieds and Granite State Pro Stock Series are headed to New Hampshire’s Star Speedway for the running of the Star Classic, one of the biggest events in the Granite State.
4) NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Riverhead Raceway (NY) – Justin Bonsignore is having a season for the ages this year and now he heads back to his home track of Riverhead Raceway looking for another victory. Bonsignore scored the win at the bullring earlier this summer.
5) ARCA Racing Series at Lucas Oil Raceway (IN) – The night before the Speed51 Super Select the rising stars of the ARCA Racing Series will do battle at Lucas Oil Raceway.
6) CARS Tour at Orange County Speedway (NC) – Just two races remain for both the Super Late Models and Late Model Stock Cars for the CARS Tour. Both divisions are headed to the challenging Orange County Speedway this weekend.
7) Wisconsin Challenge Series at Dells Raceway Park (WI) – The Dells is the place to be if you’re in Wisconsin and looking for racing action. The Wisconsin Challenge Series always puts on a good show.
8) Modified Racing Series and NWAAS Season Finale at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway (ME) – Champions will be crowned across all NASCAR Whelen All-American Series divisions at Maine’s Beech Ridge Motor Speedway this weekend. The Modified Racing Series will also be on track as the ground-pounders bring the thunder.
9) Northwest Super Late Model Series at Evergreen Speedway (WA) – Late Models are back in action at the Evergreen Speedway this weekend as the Northwest Super Late Model Series rolls into town.
10) Super Late Models at Citrus County Speedway (FL) – $10,000 are on the line at Citrus County Speedway this weekend and the question everyone is wondering is if anyone can beat Jesse Dutilly to get the big check.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Associate Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount