There’s plenty of big Short Track races happening all over the country. Whether it’s on dirt or asphalt, a Late Model or a Modified, it’s all happening this weekend. We did our best to narrow the list down to the 10 best for you in this week’s 10 to Attend.
1. Winchester 400 Weekend, Winchester Speedway (IN) – The Champion Racing Association’s racing season is coming to an end this weekend with their biggest weekend of the year. It’s Winchester 400 weekend on the high-banked half-mile of Winchester Speedway, and it all culminates with the running of the Winchester 400 on Sunday afternoon.
2. Super DIRT Week NAPA 300, Oswego Speedway (NY) – With the “Moody Mile” at Syracuse now just a memory, the Big Block Modified tradition of Super DIRT Week needed to find a new home. Clay has been laid down on top of the “Steel Palace” of Oswego Speedway for Super DIRT Week. The big week of racing comes to an end on Sunday with the NAPA 300.
3. Oktoberfest, La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway (WI) – Wisconsin’s biggest weekend of racing is here. Oktoberfest sees multiple divisions racing at La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway with the ARCA Midwest Tour headlining the weekend on Sunday.
4. Legends Asphalt Nationals, New London-Waterford Speedbowl (CT) – The U.S. Legends Cars decide their four championships this weekend at the challenging bullring on Connecticut’s shoreline.
5. Oktoberfest, Lee USA Speedway (NH) – The Valenti Modified Racing Series headlines a big weekend of racing at the 3/8-mile Lee USA Speedway in Southeastern New Hampshire.
6. 28th Pittsburgher 100, Pitt. PA. Motor Speedway (PA) – The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series is back in action for 100 laps of racing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Saturday night.
7. Icebreaker 104, Desoto Speedway (FL) – The Sunoco Challenge Series runs the rescheduled Icebreaker 104 at Desoto Speedway on Sunday. The race was originally scheduled for February 7.
8. NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Fall Final, Stafford Motor Speedway (CT) – Two races remain for the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour. The NAPA Fall Final 150 takes place on Sunday afternoon after it was postponed one week due to rain.
9. Lucas Oil Modified Series, Madera Speedway (CA) – The always fun Lucas Oil Modified Series is back in action on Saturday night at California’s Madera Speedway.
10. Late Model Stock Cars, Carteret County Speedway (NC) – The weekly racing series at North Carolina’s newest pavement oval comes to an end on Saturday night.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Southeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com