Are you in the Southeast and looking for some good short track racing to watch this weekend? Well then Speed51.com powered by JEGS has you covered as we tell you which 10 to Attend.
1. The Southern Super Series presented by Sunoco is heading back to Alabama on Saturday night. It’s the Lee Fields Memorial 150 at Mobile International Speedway. It’s the first time that the Lee Fields Memorial is a Super Late Model race, and the question everyone wants to see answered is who can stop Bubba Pollard’s Mobile dominance.
2. Bowman Gray Stadium’s season comes to an end on Saturday night with a 150-lap Modified event to crown a champion. Will it be Tim Brown or will it be Burt Myers? Head to the Madhouse on Saturday night to find out.
3. The Late Model Stocks are “double-dipping” on Saturday night at South Carolina’s Anderson Motor Speedway. Twin features are on the card for a total of 80 laps of Late Model thunder.
4. Is South Carolina too far of a trip to see Late Model Stock racing? Well stop on by Motor Mile Speedway in Virginia to see them run twin features for NASCAR Whelen All-American Series points.
5. The Bay Area Modifieds are ready to sling some dirt at Southern Raceway in Florida on Saturday night, so if dirt racing is you’re thing you should head down there.
6. The Southeast Limited Late Model Series has been bringing in more and more cars recently and providing excellent entertainment. The series runs its third race of the season on Saturday night at Tri-County Speedway in North Carolina.
7. Carolina Speedway in Gastonia, North Carolina is celebrating “Back to School Night” on Friday night with seven divisions of racing in action, and fireworks.
8. “The Birthplace of NASCAR Stars” will be back in action on Saturday night as Hickory Motor Speedway hosts a full card of NASCAR Whelen All-American Series action. Late Model Stocks will headline the racing card.
9. If you’re looking for some weekly dirt track racing, head over to Friendship Motor Speedway in Elkin, North Carolina on Friday night. Seven divisions will be in action including the SECA Late Models, Renegades and 602 Open Wheel Modifieds.
10. If you’re in South Carolina, make your way out to Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney this Saturday to check out their weekly dirt program. SECA Late Models, Renegades and six other divisions will be slinging dirt around the 5/8-mile oval.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Northeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo credit: Speed51.com