1. It is an action packed weekend at the Illinois State Fairgrounds. Saturday it’s the Tony Bettenhausen 100, which is also round eight of the 2015 USAC Silver Crown Championship Series. Over 37 drivers have already entered for the event. Then Sunday the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards hits the track for their first of two dirt events this year. If that’s not enough, both days will also consist of the Sportsman Nationals.
2. The ARCA/CRA Super Series embarks on its third race in 10 days when it travels to Baer Field Speedway Saturday night. This marks the first time in four year the ARCA/CRA Super Series travels to the track in Fort Wayne, IN. Series point leader Grant Quinlin continues to look for his first win of the year.
3. The Howie Lettow Memorial heads to Madison International Speedway for the first time every Friday night. Previously held at the Milwaukee Mile, the Howie Lettow Memorial will also serve final round of the Super Late Model Triple Crown. Ty Majeski and Casey Johnson claimed wins in the first two of the three race series, but Jeremy Miller holds a nine point lead over Paul Schafer Jr. in the overall standings.
4. The final round of the Pepsi Challenge takes place Sunday at Slinger Super Speedway (WI). Along with a track championship, Super Late Models compete in a three race series dubbed the Pepsi Challenge. Through the first two events John DeAngelis leads by three points over Steve Apel and 28 points over Dennis Prunty.
5. The ATC Trailers Super Late Models hit the track at New Paris Speedway (IN) Saturday night for their final race of the season. The Paul Miller Memorial 75-lap event will pay $2,000 to win plus a possible $1,000 bonus to any of the top four cars in qualifying who choose to start at the tail and win.
6. The final race of the Badgerland Challenge takes place Saturday at Jefferson Speedway (WI). The three race series features Limited Late Models and Sportsmen and had one a stop at Slinger Speedway and Madison International Speedway before concluding this Saturday at Jefferson.
7. Hawkeye Downs hosts their season championships Friday night before closing out the season with a visit from the ARCA Midwest Tour September 5. Brian Gibson holds a 35 point lead over Brad Osborn heading into the final point race
8. The Bumper to Bumper IRA Outlaw Sprints are back in action this week with three consecutive nights of racing. Friday and Saturday the cars will be on track at Wilmont Raceway (WI) during the Kenosha Country Fair and then Sunday they head to Angell Park Speedway in Sun Prairie, WI.
9. The Must See Racing Sprint Series (MSRSS) presented by Engine Pro makes its third and final appearance of 2015 to Berlin Raceway in Marne, MI this Saturday night. The popular Engine Pro “Fast Car Slash” will see the series utilizing a different race format to set the field for the nights feature event.
10. It’s season championship night at South Bend Motor Speedway (IN) for Outlaw Late Models and all other racing divisions. A huge 600 Non-Winged Mini-Sprint Car spectacular will also be on hand.
-Jana Wimmer: Speed51.com Midwest Editor, Twitter: @Jwimmer22
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com