With the season opener at Stafford Motor Speedway in the record books, the Granite State Pro Stock Series heads to the series’ home state this Sunday for a race at Monadnock Speedway. We get you ready for the remainder of the 2021 season with 10 things to know entering Sunday’s event.
1) This will be the 14th race for the Granite State Pro Stock Series at Monadnock Speedway (NH), and it will also be their first stop of the 2021 season at the New Hampshire track. Barry Gray has won four of the 12 races contested at the Winchester, New Hampshire oval. DJ Shaw won the lone race there last year.
2) Sunday afternoon’s race will be 100 laps.
3) The Granite State Pro Stock Series will run three times in the month of May and then four times in July. Those will be some busy months for the series and its drivers.
4) In all, 67 drivers ran with the Granite State Pro Stock Series in 2020. Overall, more than 220 drivers have run races in the 10-year history.
5) Other exciting races coming up include a pair of stops at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway on June 12 and August 14, both of which will be 150-lap contests. Those are two of the three longest races of the season.
6) DJ Shaw is the series’ all-time winner with eight wins in 24 starts, giving him a winning percentage of 33.3%.
7) Last week, defending series champion Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. took the win at Stafford Motor Speedway. Joey Pole as he’s known had an average finish of 4.45 in 2020 along with two wins.
8) 2021 kicks off the 10th full season for the Granite State Pro Stock Series. They ran one race in 2011, but went became a full-time touring series in 2012.
9) Fifteen races are scheduled to take place in 2021. This is the most aggressive schedule in the history of the series. In 2021, they will visit eight different tracks in three different states.
10) Fans who can’t attend either Saturday or Sunday’s event at Monadnock Speedway can turn to Speed51.TV to watch all the action live. The race will be available to monthly and yearly subscribers.
-Story by: Elgin Traylor, Speed51 Correspondent
-Photo credit: Granite State Pro Stock Series